Workplace injuries come in all forms, but some of the most dangerous ones are the ones we can't see. Blood borne and respiratory infections are a very real risk to dental staff but can be easily managed by following infection prevention regulations and recommendations for dentistry.
This seminar will help you answer the questions: Are you following proper infection control protocols? Are you up to date on provincial and national guidelines? What can you do to prevent IPAC lapses? This seminar will ensure dental offices are not only following regulations, but also observing best practices in infection prevention and control.
Presenter Dr. John Molinari has spent a lifetime studying, writing about and teaching infection control. In his two-and-a-half-hour presentation, Dr. Molinari examines the biggest risks in infection control for dental health care professionals today, and what steps you can take to guard against them.
You will learn:
- The latest updates to provincial and Canadian infection control recommendations.
- What vaccinations are most recommended for dental personnel.
- What are the latest technological advances in instrument processing and sterilization.
- How to efficiently and effectively monitor sterilization.
- How to best use disposables and disinfectants for surface asepsis.
- What can be done to minimize the risk of dental unit waterline contamination.
- How hand hygiene is a fundamental component of your infection control program.
Dr. John Molinari is an internationally recognized expert in Infection Control, Dr. Molinari is the Director of Infection Control for THE DENTAL ADVISOR in Ann Arbor, Michigan. He served for 32 years at the University of Detroit Mercy School of Dentistry as Professor and Chairman of the Department of Biomedical Sciences and Director of Infection Control. He has published over 400 scientific articles, text chapters, and abstracts in the areas of microbiology and immunology, and lectures nationally and internationally on topics dealing with infectious diseases and infection control. Dr. Molinari is also co-author of the text Cottone’s Practical Infection Control in Dentistry.
Tuesday, August 21, 2018
University of Toronto, CDE Centre. 1440 Don Mills Ave.
6:30 pm – 9:00 pm
$50 per Person or $200 for Office (4-6 people)
Registration: 6:00 pm – 6:30 pm | CE: 2 Credits